Human Care’s Code of Conduct
Human Care Group’s Code of Conduct provides guidance on how our business principles and values should be put into practice. It acts as an ethical compass to be followed by all staff within the Group, irrespective of workplace and function. The Code of Conduct applies to Human Care Group’s Board members and contract-based staff as well. The code also sets out what we expect of our suppliers and other work partners.
We respect human rights
- We treat all people with fairness, dignity and respect.
- We support and encourage diversity.
- We do not treat employees differently on the basis of their gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political views, social background or ethnic origin.
- We do not harass, threaten or discriminate.
- We do not tolerate child labour, illegal labour or forced labour.
We create good working conditions
- We aim to not compromise on health and safety in the workplace.
- We offer staff opportunities to develop professional skills and abilities.
We adhere to good business ethics
- We never offer gifts, benefits or payments that could influence, or be seen to influence, the objectivity of the recipients’ decisions or that breach legislation and/or local practice.
- We do not accept gifts, benefits or payments that could influence, or be seen to influence, the objectivity of our decisions or that breach legislation and/or local practice.
- We avoid situations in which company loyalty could come into conflict with personal interests.
- We comply with competition law and promote fair competition.
- We ensure that all staff can raise concerns about irregularities within Human Care Group.
We address sustainability issues
- We work towards long-term goals to reduce the company’s environmental impact.
- We conserve energy, water and materials and other natural resources and aim to increase our use of renewable materials.
- We take account of environmental and health factors when choosing raw materials and distribution methods.
- We endeavour to cut our emissions of greenhouse gases.
- We have an Environmental Management System.
We aim to always deliver the right quality
- We aim to always meet our customers’ exacting requirements, needs and expectations by delivering services and products of the right quality.
- We are continually improving our operations.
- We conduct regular evaluations of our quality assurance measures through analysis, recording of discrepancies and internal/external audits.
- Production partners are to be audited on a regular basis.
We set sustainability requirements for our suppliers
- We work with suppliers that accept and comply with Human Care Group’s Code of Conduct.
- We assess suppliers prior to and during our cooperation with them.
We communicate honestly and clearly
- Human Care Group’s communication with all stakeholders should be honest and clear.
- We respect all employees’ freedom of expression about matters that concern them personally on issues regarding Human Care Group’s business conditions and operations, however, only the respective company management are entitled to communicate on behalf of Human Care.